A mix of theory and practical training, this course is designed to enable operators to manoeuvre, drive and position the MEWPs (mobile elevated working platform) safely and proficiently.
Courses can be undertaken on scissor lifts, boom lifts, trailer mounted or truck mounted platforms.
• Awareness of different types of MEWPs
• Safe operation of MEWPs and limitations of use
• Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
• Planning the route before operating the MEWP
• Travelling the route and manoeuvring the MEWP
• Setting up the MEWP for work
• Basic operational practice
• Achievement testing
• Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
• Log book issue